Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Established on Augest 18th 2007

Monday, November 8, 2010

New diet..... woohoo :)

so i've started a new diet and plan to stick with it. It is a diet for women with pcos, pretty much a diabetic diet. I can't have anything white, white bread, white rice, tortillas ect. instead i have to have whole wheat :( blah but oh well. I also can't have any sugar or snack foods. so pretty much i'm living of proteins like nuts eggs and meat. And i can also have as many veggies and fruits as i want besides the good ones like potatoes and corn. I started it on saturday and it is really hard when your husband takes a big bite into pizza :( or on fast sunday feeding your little one goldfish and you know you can't have them and not because it's fast sunday :) it was even worse when she kept offering them to me :) so for saturday dinner i made burritos with whole wheat tortillas, brown rice, black beans and some cilantro and other stuff. They were actually really good. Sunday i made a beef thingamajig in the crockpot that you put over egg noodles. it was pretty good too. Now i'm enjoying a smoothie of fruit and ice for breakfast. If anyone would like to try this diet with me i will post the recipies for you. I'm going to go till thanksgiving and see if i lose a pound. If i do i'll keep going if not i'll.... ah who knows...
well wish me luck i'll need all i can get.

11 comments:

  1. Have you tried P90X at all? It's hard...but if you stick with it through the whole program I don't see how someone wouldn't lose weight...I saw a major difference within 2 weeks or so...and Aaron lost 11 lbs within 2 or 3 weeks. And it's fun! You do need an hour a day though...and you have to really stick with it...6 days a week. It would also be good to do while on a good diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your diet sounds like it's a good one! I wanted to add what Britney said though. The same people make this other workout called "insanity." It's a hard workout like P90X but it's a lot shorter than an hour a day. A lot of people really love it. Anyway, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True that Am! I totally forgot about that one. I think Insanity is like 30 minutes a day. Harder than P90X I think...since they pack everything into 30 minutes...but I've heard it's amazing. The ab video with p90x is the best one I've ever done too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck Coya!! Diets suck...but for me I didn't so much think of being on a diet but making a lifestyle change, and actually that made it a little bit easier to change my diet! We should get together some time since we both live in Shelley! Do you have a gym membership in town cause I am looking at getting one for the winter, and didn't know if there was any where in town to work out at, just let me know if you know anything!!! Good Luck again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Coya! I was going to mention cutting out all sugar and snack foods. I have been trying to loose weight and since I am I do not snack at all. I barely have ANY sugar like at all and I have been working out 5 days a week. It takes some will power but you can do it. Stick to it and I am sure you will start to loose weight. Make sure you exercise too. If you exercise as well as diet than you should start loosing a lot of weight. It does take time so just be patient. I have been stuck at a certain weight for about 2 weeks now and it feels like it will never change but I know if I keep plugging a long that it will and I can do it. I know you can so just stick to it. It would be helpful if you don't keep any sweets in the house. You can have snack foods around since mady will want to eat them but just for her. I am excited for you! Just remember to not give up!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks ya i do p90x at least the ones i have my favorite lately is the yoga... its hard but i have already lost 6 pounds! at least at the time i weighed haha. tessa i think i'm going to get a membership at anytime fitness it is right next to our apartments and you can go anytime you want! we will see how much it is though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking of you and Johnny-Lily loves seeing pics of Mady. I'm glad you've found something that is PCOS specific. Good luck-If you find any really good recipes out there feel free to share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was watching the Today Show a few weeks ago and they were talking about PCOS and the PCOS diet, just like the one you are doing, and how benificial it is supposed to be. The dr on there said that besides helping people manage their weight that it also helps with fertility, which I am sure you already know, but maybe that can be added motivation. :) Good luck, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coya! I just stumbled upon your blog. It's great to see what people are up that I went to high school with. Your little girl is SO dang cute. Seriously, you are lucky! Maybe we can be blog friends now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds good to me tara i just added your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE cooking with whole wheat! I do a lot of it, we should exchange recipes sometime!

    ReplyDelete