Night y'all, enjoy the pics.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Finding our new place...
First off I'd like to apologize to Brandon for taking so dang long to get this pics up here! :) sorry :) Well here we go. We dropped Mady off at my parents Saturday at about 10 and headed out. It was a long 10 hour drive we got there at about 10 or so, so it was already dark. I think it gets darker earlier there even though there is no time change. Anyways, this little Podunk town had some crazy stuff going on that weekend so we spent another hour trying to find a hotel/motel that wasn't totally booked. We found one and spent the night. It was OK but definitely not my first choice. The next morning we got up and decided to go to both the 9:00 ward and the 1:00 ward to see if by chance we would like one or the other more. First we had to stop by sonic and grab breakfast and break the sabbath.... good thing we went to 6 hours of church haha. The wards were both really awesome! We had so many people coming and talking to us and getting to know us. Everyone was so kind in helping us trying to find a place to live. We had many dinner offers and sadly couldn't take them up on them on this little trip of ours. It was funny to see the wards fighting over us because they are so starved for people.... kind of liked it, I'm not gonna lie. Anyways, between the wards we checked out a couples home who were going to move to be closer to his mom before she dies. It was OK but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy old... If you know me, old houses and I don't mix very well. Plus Johns two biggest allergies are mold and dust, and old houses are packed full of them. After the second ward we at with the bishop of that ward and his family. They were so awesome we loved them! They took us out after dinner and showed us scottsbluff, gering, and most importantly where to stay away from. Then we checked into the Hampton and slept. Monday we woke up and saw lots of houses we didn't like or were smaller than our apartment and almost twice the price. Not gonna lie i was getting really bummed out. Then we called a number that we found out was put down wrong so nobody had been able to call on them. Just our luck. We went and looked at it. It was pretty awesome. Quite old but not too bad. It was 1200/ month which is a ton! but for that area and the size we wanted it was pretty darn normal. The thing i loved and worried about with this house was the backyard was backed up against a park/tennis courts/ and a big water park. Would have been very convenient but the fence was a tiny baseball type fence (I can't remember for the life of me what that kind of fence is called!) I'd be worried about all the people there this summer and never letting Mady alone for a second! especially with any creeps visiting the park. Anyways we liked it but decided to keep looking. We had one more lead. A family in the ward had bought some farm land and were thinking of renting out the house to us. Only problem..... it was 1/2 hour away and only 2 bedrooms! Although fate have it. On our way back we saw one of the houses i thought was cute for sale and they saw that for once someone was there. It was there neighbors but they didn't really know them. We drove up and they asked if they thought of renting it? She said she had never thought of it but we could come look at it. Lets just say i was excited. Then after i saw the house i was ecstatic!!! It was perfect. We waited all day for her to talk to her husband. I was a nervous wreck. Then they finally called and we had it!! It is expensive... 1100 a month but well worth it i hope. It is brand new. Huge yard and unfinished basement. They had wanted to sell it but with the flooding of the river and many recent houses of for sale there is no way they could. lucky for us. The basement is flooded right now even though the house is a mile away from the river. The groundwater is spreading crazy fast but by the time we move in around July 13 it should all be gone. The house is located in farm country. Very open and about 10 min away from town. Haha we live on a dirt road... But the house is lovely. It has three bedrooms, Two family rooms. 2 and 1/2 baths. a huge kitchen with a eating area and a dining room. The master is huge with a huge huge huge closet. A wonderful garden tub and we have some lovely horses living behind us .... haha :) i hope it will serve us well. Here are some pics of our new place.... feel free to come visit us whenever. I know for a fact being in the country and john traveling so much i will get very lonely. Next blog post i will tell you of the first thing i noticed about silly Nebraska til then you have to wait in suspense :) hehe
Night y'all, enjoy the pics.
















Night y'all, enjoy the pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




What a cute house, I just love it! I'm excited for you guys.
ReplyDeleteThat house looks great! How much you're going to pay in rent seems like so much! That's what I'm most nervous about after Paul graduated and he gets a job somewhere else, I feel like we've all been spoiled with low rent prices in the Utah/Idaho area. And it seems everywhere else is so expensive! Oh well! Glad you found a place. I know I hardly ever comment on your blog, but I do read it and enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteOh coya!! It looks great!! :-) We are so excited for you guys! Luckily I think we can fly out there for pretty cheap with alegent! So we will come visit you guys some time I am sure! :-)
ReplyDeleteYou better apologize ha ha. That looks plenty big for me to stay in!!! ha ha and I will love taking a bath in that huge tub :) Congrats sis!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Coya, this is Lacie I saw that you have a blog so I am going to add you to my blog friend list!! I have to laugh about your comments on Nebraska, we recently moved to Wisconsin for the summer and while driving here we stayed in Nebraska and I just remember driving thinking wow everything is really green but where is the cities...WHERE IS ALL THE PEOPLE!!!??? Haha but Im sure you will grow to love it there! Sounds like a fun new adventure! Ps your little girl is SO cute!!!
ReplyDeleteThe house looks so great!! Crazy how expensive rent is. Rent in Orlando is outrageous...that's why we're buying a house. Somehow it is cheaper to make a house payment than pay rent each month. What a fun adventure for you guys! Hope moving and everything goes well!!
ReplyDeletegram h
ReplyDeleteLove it!!! Gonna miss you guys!
ReplyDelete