Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Established on Augest 18th 2007

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

birthdays, driving, unpacking, and oddities...

Well where to begin... We had a pretty fun time in Utah. More sickness yet again this time. John couldn't handle lagoon. That means no theme parks in the future... goodbye Disneyland dreams. Then we went to the water park and I got fried to say the least. I thought i had heat exhaustion and i probably did but i also got strep throat on top of that. I have never had strep throat before that. So after a couple days of a fever of 103 i decided it was not heat exhaustion haha. After the fun weekend with the Reid's i headed home. By the way that was the first time i ever drove to and back the condo!! congrats to me i survived driving in salt lake! It made the 10 hour drive to scottsbluff seem like no problem, I could handle anything. (by the way I'm typing this blog post in my bed from my new mac laptop, I love it so much!!!!) :) hehe Anyways. The weeks at home were packed full of family, shopping, packing, weddings, and parties! It was fun and crazy busy. Here are some pics from Ethan's bday party... thrown mostly by me :)










Then after the Bday party was Carlan and Ashlee's Wedding. It was really cute and old fashioned. I really loved sharing their special day with them. Here are some pics from that.












Then there was a week of fun and sun then the next Saturday I had two more weddings to attend. Then i had to say goodbye to my family. I wouldn't have cried at all if it weren't for my dang mom crying :) Love you all!!! so far that is the only thing I miss, just like I thought I would. My wonderful awesome family!
The drive wasn't too bad. My legs went numb a lot and my whole body hurt like crazy, but Mady did better than i expected. We left at about eight. I had to give her some smarties starting at about 10. We stopped for lunch and gas at noon. Got back in the car and Mady slept for about 3 hours. Then it was a few more hours of smarties, singing songs, handing back toys, and then we stopped for dinner and got here an hour later. The house was crazy hot and a total disaster. I had three days of crazy sweating, unpacking, and cleaning. I worked my butt off, but not literally because for some reason i gained weight during that time. The worst part was we didn't have hot water so i couldn't take a bath or shower. I literally dripped sweat for days... haha sorry I'll stop now. The house is coming along and soon I will post pics of our house all put together. I had every room but one done after the three days and that is still the only room not done haha... we are waiting for someone to come pick up their couches so I can clean and unpack. The bugs here are awefull!!!!! I'm just barely starting to not be so paranoid about seeing bugs out of the corner of my eye. We sprayed like crazy inside and out. I have also had to vacuum and pick up probably hundreds of dead bugs.... gross. I'm not a country girl, but go figure, I'm living in it. My next post will be Mady's Birthday party. Then i will post about the oddities of Nebraska. And then i will post pics of the house. And maybe talk about Johns new job somewhere in there haha. For now i'm off to bed. G'Nite YALL

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh! You miss us? :)
    We miss you, too. But not enough to go to Nebraska.
    Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i will come in a month anyways so between then and christmas you are welcome to come :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nebraska drivers are the worst. :) Some of them are up here in Yankton and they drive slower than snot and crazy. Once I was driving and going through an intersection where the light was green. It had been green for a little while and the Nebraska driver in front of me stopped! I was so mad cause the light was green! Anyways. It's so humid out here too, way different than Idaho. Lyle's mom's glasses sometimes fog up just walking outside. Glad to see you are getting settled in though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya thankfully its not that much more humid here. On rainy cloudy days it feels more humid but in a lot of ways its like Idaho so its not too bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a blog post! I have been waiting for it :) So glad the drive went well and you are getting settled in. Can't wait for the other posts! Love you!

    ReplyDelete